CrossFit Challenge Saturday July 11th! Be There!


Meet Brody Lanigan: A Grassroots Giving applicant who will receive 50% of all proceeds from our CrossFit Challenge Fundraiser

"My name is Brody Lanigan, and I am an incoming senior at New Smyrna Beach High School. I am considered a very well rounded individual because I do three sports, and I am a honors student with a weighted GPA of 3.82. I play soccer, as well as running cross country and track. Cross country is by far the most important sport I do because the whole running team is much like a very close family. I have been to Colorado and North Carolina for cross country camps and I am looking forward to ging to Eugene, Oregon for my senior year training. Over the years (cross country especially) I have learned many life lessons and the fact that there is more to the world than little New Smyrna Beach, Florida. I learned this through many Kenyans, world class runners, coaches and elders at these camps within the community. I'm positive that this Oregon trip is going to be the best experience yet, because the creation of Nike (which was started in Eugene, Oregon) and it's experimental guinea pig, Steve Prefontaine has been the foundation upon which my school's cross country team was united. I remember before every cross country meet I would watch the movie Nike's story to get pumped for the race. Steve Prefontaine has been my favorite past time runner ever, and I admire anyone with his go-getter attitude and I hope to follow in his footsteps."

Brody needs our support as he is trying to raise close to $900 for his summer camp to Oregon. He is an amazing, talented and inspirational kid and I truly hope that you will all join Brody, his family and all of us on July 11th at Tactical Fitness Ormond for our "Grassroots Giving CrossFit Challenge Fundraiser." Please visit www.grassrootsgiving.info to pre-register and for further details. You can also e-mail me at
missy@grassrootsgiving.info or call 386-453-6400. If you are not interested in entering the challenge we hope that you will still join us while cheering the participants on and then enjoying a Kansas City style Bar-B-Q prepared by Tish Traster (Owner Tactical Fitness Ormond) for only $6 after the challenge.



Thank you,

Missy Gibson
Founder/President
Grassroots Giving Inc.
www.grassrootsgiving.info

"The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers."

Ruth Benedict


Skill Practice:
Muscle Snatch

Warm-Up:
200m Run
Army Sit-Up Challenge
Samson Stretch x 5 R/L

06-29-09 WOD

200m Run
1 Rope Climb (Advanced) 4 Beginner Climbs
10 KB Dead Snatch R/L

AMRAP 15 mins

Post Loads to Board
Comments to Facebook



No comments: